How does the program work?
- The program was developed to teach students easy ways to use energy and water more responsibly in their homes.
- The program content supports state academic standards.
- Students are able to learn new concepts and practice hands-on learning while meeting the rigorous learning expectations for their grade level.
How is the information in the surveys used?
The information provided by program participants is used to:
- Measure the knowledge gained by program participants
- Gauge the effectiveness of the program activities
- Gather demographic data
- Estimate overall energy and water savings
What other energy and water-efficiency programs are offered for my family to enjoy?
- An array of programs and energy-efficiency incentives for your home may be offered by our program sponsor to complement the program your child has brought home.
- Check your parent pack inside the program kit or call your program sponsor for more information.
- Your program sponsor name can be found on your program kit.
What is AM Conservation?
- AM Conservation is a company that develops award-winning educational programs for utility partners nationwide.
- The programs are designed to teach students easy ways to use energy and water more efficiently in their homes.
- Over the last 20 years, hundreds of thousands of families from across the country have participated in the GetWise portfolio of programs, yielding tremendous energy and water savings.
- Program content supports state academic standards, so eligible schools can provide this fun-filled enrichment program while meeting educational benchmarks.
Why is my child receiving this program?
- Your child's teacher has elected to participate in an award-winning educational program.
- Not every school or child has the opportunity to receive this program. To be eligible, your child's school must be located within the program sponsor's service area.
Who pays for the program?
- The programs are provided by local utility, city, state, or government funding.
- You can find the name of your program's sponsor on the kit box your child brought home.
Why should my family participate in the program?
- You will save energy and water in your home, which will positively affect your utility bill.
How does my family participate in the program?
- The participation requirements for your family are minimal. At school, your child will be given a kit that includes high-quality items that utilize the latest efficiency technologies.
- The kit items complement classroom curriculum and homework assignments. The family can work on the assignments and install the kit items together.
- These assignments include investigating the energy and water use in your home and are designed to highlight the potential benefits of switching to the new high-quality, high-performance products that have been provided in the kit.
Can I get another kit?
- Sorry, only one kit is available at no cost for each student and participating teacher.
What do I do if an LED bulb breaks?
- Recycling your LED bulbs is one way to dispose of them.
- Call your local government or waste management company to learn the recycling policy in your area.