- AM Conservation Programs are provided to your class through a local sponsorship.
- Due to sponsorship contributions, the program is provided to local schools at no cost.
- No, we will provide one kit for each student enrolled in the class.
- However, there are a limited number of kits for each school year.
- When this maximum number of kits has been ordered, no more classrooms will be able to participate until the following school year.
The programs emphasize:
- Focusing on environmental education.
- Introducing students to the concept of a resource.
- Extending that knowledge to natural resources and the concept of how we use renewable and nonrenewable resources in our world.
All programs include:
- Detailed materials
- Classroom activities
- Resource-saving products for use in students' homes
Our programs also correlate to your state's academic standards.
Generally, local utilities, merchants, or government agencies sponsor our programs, though any group may be a sponsor.
- AM Conservation is a company that develops award-winning educational programs for utility partners nationwide.
- The programs are designed to teach students easy ways to use energy and water more efficiently in their homes.
- Over the last 20 years, hundreds of thousands of families across the country have participated in the GetWise portfolio of programs, yielding tremendous energy and water savings.
- Program content supports state educational standards, so eligible schools can provide this fun-filled enrichment program while meeting educational benchmarks.
The program comes with:
- A Teacher Book filled with lesson plans
- Activity books
- Engaging activities that can be used inside and outside of the classroom
Each teacher and student will receive:
- An individual Student Guide
- Take-Home Workbook
- Program Kit, which includes products that will help students implement classroom lessons at home
- Your school has the opportunity to work with local utilities, merchants, or government agencies on a select program that makes an impact in your community.
- In addition to teaching lessons that promote wise use of energy and water that lasts a lifetime, participating teachers may be eligible to receive a Mini Grant for their classroom when 80% of their student surveys are completed and returned within the required time frame.
- Check your program kit to find out if you are eligible to receive a Mini Grant and the due date for completed materials.
- Mini Grants can be used for any school need.
- The program is designed to incorporate into your existing curriculum, so your timeline will vary.
- You can spend as little as one class/subject session and as much as a month or longer; it's up to you.
- Students' completed surveys as well as the Teacher Program Evaluation, which can be found in your Teacher Materials Folder.
- Thank-you notes from students and parents, and Program-endorsement letters are also appreciated.
- A self-addressed postage-paid Tyvek envelope has been provided in the Teacher Materials Folder for you to return these items.
- Participation requirements are minimal.
- All we ask for your participation in the program is that your students complete a short student survey.
- The student survey contains a pre-program and post-program quiz.
- Survey responses help gauge the knowledge gained by each student during the program.
- If your students take a pledge to be energy and water-efficient and return their student survey forms, each student will receive a certificate of achievement!
- A self-addressed postage-paid return envelope is provided in your Teacher Materials folder, so that you may return your students' completed surveys.
- Recycling your LED bulbs is one way to dispose of them.
- Call your local government or waste management company to learn the recycling policy in your area.